Part 4 of the series: Shooting Down Theistic Evolution
Seven of the eight creative acts in Genesis one include a follow up phrase of immediate fulfillment.
- Verse three, And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
- Verse six, And God said, “Let there be an expanse….” And it was so (verse seven).
- Verse nine, And God said…and it was so.
- Verse eleven, and it was so.
- Verse fourteen, and it was so.
- Verse twenty-four, and it was so.
- Verse thirty, and it was so.
God said it, and it was done. No time passes. No development or evolution discussed. God commanded by His word and the creation was completed without interval. The repetition of and it was so is a rhetoric device that demonstrates God’s power to create instantaneously, and rules out small, gradual adaptations over indefinite ages.