I finished preaching through the Reformation solas again and wanted to put together a list of recommended resources for further study, similar to the online Edwards resources list I posted after this past Snow Retreat. Unlike that list, however, I’ve also included some books that are not available to read online.
See more about the Reformation Wall
- Whatever Happened to the Gospel of Grace? by James Montgomery Boice
- After Darkness, Light edited by R.C. Sproul
- Whatever Happened to the Reformation? edited by Gary L.W. Johnson and R. Fowler White
- Faith Alone: The Evangelical Doctrine of Justification by R.C. Sproul
- Scripture Alone: Exploring The Bible's Accuracy, Authority, And Authenticity by James White
- The Legacy of Sovereign Joy by John Piper (including chapters on Luther and Calvin). See below for online manuscripts and audio downloads by Piper.
- God's Outlaw: William Tyndale by Brian Edwards | I have recommended this book on Tyndale previously.
- Five Solas | This is the place to start for Reformation resources on the internet.
- Biographies by John Piper, such as Martin Luther, John Calvin, and William Tyndale.
- Series on the Solas | A series done in Crossroads--the college ministry at Grace Community Church--by various teachers. (Scroll down through the list to find all five messages).
I also preached on the Pillars and Preachers of the Protestant Reformation at the 05SR.
- Post Tenebras Lux: After Darkness, Light
- Sola Scriptura: The Ultimate Authority and William Tyndale
- Sola Fide: The Ultimate Issue and Martin Luther
- Sola Gratia: The Ultimate Cause and Ulrich Zwingli
- Solus Christus: The Ultimate Advocate and John Knox
- Soli Deo Gloria: The Ultimate End and John Calvin